Web Servers are used to serve Web Pages requested by client computers.Clients typically request and view Web Pages using Web Browser applications such as Firefox, Opera,or Mozilla.This video is intended to cover the installation of Ubuntu web server utilizing Apache/2.2.22,Passenger Phusion 3.0.19, and using MySQL5.5.29 as the RDBMS.Below the video, I have listed the high level steps that were followed in the video.[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltWydKlCHaU&w=600 &h=400]
- Create A New Sample Ruby App using the “new” command
” $ rails new Sample_App”
- A message indicating the output that your structure is created. Now let’s cd to our app
- Rails scaffolding is a quick way to generate some of the major pieces of an application. If you want to create the models, views, and controllers for a new resource in a single operation, scaffolding is the tool for the job.
- Use the following command as shown in the screen for scaffolding our App
- Create a VirtualHost for Apache,by using the following command,and follow the instructions as shown in the screen.
sudo nano /etc/apache2/sites-available/Sample_Ap
- Enable Sample_App by using the “sudo” command.
sudo a2ensite Sample_App
- Start the Apache2 server by using the Command.
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start
- Run the URL localhost/posts,then you may observe a few errors given by phusion passenger as shown on the screen
- Use the “nautilus” command and follow these sequence of steps as shown in the screen for De-Bugging