The proprietary programming language for Salesforce application development – APEX.
Apex is a development platform for building software as a service (SaaS) applications on top of Salesforce.com’s customer relationship management (CRM) functionality. Apex allows developers to access Salesforce.com’s back-end database and client-server interfaces to create third-party SaaS applications.
Lets check out the Top 7 Reasons to Choose APEX Programming Language for Your Next Salesforce based Application.
Source: (What is Apex? – Definition from WhatIs.com searchcrm.techtarget.com/definition/Apex)
(1) Quick access to Salesforce’s existing thousands of company user base and Salesforce Apps.
(2) Ride on Salesforce’s cutting-edge existing functionality, including:
- Administrative interface
- User management and authentication
- Reporting and analytics
- Dynamic API
- Toolkits and integrations for other languages and platforms
(3) No worries about server maintenance or architecture as this is a PaaS platform
(4) Security, both because of code review and because of high degree of control on the platform
(5) Speed to learn the language as this is Java-like syntax, based on familiar Java idioms, such as variable and expression syntax, block and conditional statement syntax, loop syntax, object and array notation and much more, that speeds up the learning curve for new developers.
(6) Native “Visualforce” elements allow fast and smooth information output
(7) Connecting with one of the most active software development communities across the planet. Vast knowledge base with active participation from Salesforce staff
Other reasons why APEX is the programming language for Salesforce apps can be found here at:
Build your next Salesforce solution with Amzur Technologies Certified Salesforce Developers today! Comment if you as a Salesforce Developer has seen any other significant advantages using APEX code.
Learn more about Salesforce and APEX on Wikipedia